Lubbock may be known for dust storms and Red Raiders, but it also has quite the line-up of restaurants that will impress even the pickiest of your friends and even better, stay within a college budget. Learn how to eat right without breaking the bank with this list of the best Lubbock eats.
- Lubbock Breakfast House and Grill serves up eggs and pancakes 24 hours a day on the weekends when we know you crave it the most, and until 10pm on weeknights.
- Rain Café on 50th and Boston is the perfect place to head if you’re in the mood for French toast and a Rory Gilmore morning experience—see Luke’s diner.
- Red Zone café has the best value breakfast in Lubbock. Need a $3 breakfast burrito? Same.
- Pancake House, a Lubbock favorite where the walls are adorned with Texas Tech athletes, past and present, and the wait is accepted and understood.
- Sugar Brown’s is where we can’t decide what’s cooler—the coffee, the live music or the “Made in LBK” mural.
- Yellow House Coffee is known for more than the coffee. It’s the sense of community that keeps people coming back for more.
- J & B Coffeek.a Tech and LCU’s favorite off-campus study spot and caffeine fix.
- Thai Pepper has the best Thai food you’ll find in Lubbock and arguably in Texas.
- Aloha BBQ combines two of our favorite things: BBQ and fried rice. Need we say more?
- Blue Sky will quickly become a staple in your college “diet” once you try a famous burger or hotdog.
- Spanky’s, a Lubbock tradition since 1982, will be your pre- or post-game stop. Get there early and eat upstairs for the full experience.
- Walk-ons is your traditional sports bar with more than 60 TVs, and with even better and bigger burgers (we recommend the stuffed burger, trust us).
- The Shack serves up all our favorite Texas BBQ specialties from ribs to smoked turkey and the best loaded potato salad you’ve ever had.
- Evie Mae’s has the best BBQ, and the key to getting it is getting there before they run out! Trust us, it is worth your AM alarm.
- Orlando’s has been in Lubbock for 50 years and it’s easy to see why with dishes like Chicken Lasagne and All You Can Eat Spaghetti every Sunday.
- One Guy Pizza is a fave among Tech students and is home to the “Best Calzone in Texas,” so you know it’s real.
- Capital Pizza, next to J & B Coffee (see above) specializes in gourmet pizza (and cheese bread) and also has over one hundred craft beers. Basically any college guy’s dream restaurant.
- West Crust caters to the hipster pizza lovers as well as those who love a good thin crust. Added bonus: all pizzas are available with a gluten-free crust!