School is out and it’s time for your annual family trip. You’re left wondering where could you possibly go that the kids will love and you can spend some much-needed time relaxing; a place that’s conveniently located, but most importantly, has easy travel itineraries. Perfectly situated with easy access to some of North Texas’ hottest shopping spots and family-friendly activities, Richardson is our go-to place for beautifully appointed hotels at a reasonable price.
Richardson has a great lineup of nice hotels and even better room rates. At the top of our list, you can always find:
- The Hyatt Regency North Dallas a modern, yet sophisticated hotel, conveniently located near Main Street, tons of restaurants and golf courses.
- The Renaissance Dallas Richardson Hotel a stylish hotel with premier amenities make it an exceptional guest experience.
- Double Tree by Hilton Hotel Dallas an elegant hotel that gives you warm chocolate chip cookies when you arrive, need we say more?
- The Aloft Hotel will always be number one in our hearts. Located just steps away from CityLine (literally), it’s a convenient home base while you shop and play in Richardson.
We get it, keeping the kids entertained is a must on a family trip, and we’ll help you do just that. Stay cool from the Texas heat at one of the five aquatic facilities in the city. Have a zen time at Reef Point Yoga at CityLine. Enjoy a day outside at CityLine’s new urban plaza where you can bike, hike or walk the trails. Plan ahead and enjoy a night out at the Eisemann Center to experience live music and performances from the Richardson Symphony and more. If you’re up for a short drive, then pay a visit to one of North Texas’ newest attractions, the Crayola Experience, with its 22 hands-on attractions. We promise the kids are not the only ones that will be entertained here. Because of Richardson’s location the possibilities are endless.
The Shops at Park Lane
Now let’s get down to business…Richardson’s big bonus is the city’s amazing location! Making it about a ten-minute drive from Dallas, the unofficial “fashion capital of Texas,” Allen, the outlet bargainista’s dream, and Plano, the luxury shopping paradise. With everything from luxury items to steals and deals, these are our top spots:
- NorthPark Center is a perfect mix of high-end store fronts, department stores and boutique-style retail. With anchors like Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom, you will feel like you’ve walked into heaven!
- The Shops at Park Lane, where you can find incredible brands at affordable prices at stores like Nordstrom Rack, Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5th and Bloomingdale’s – The Outlet.
- Galleria Dallas is home to over 200 stores! Featuring top-notch stores like Macy’s, Nordstrom, Banana Republic, and Belk, you’ll have no problem finding everything you need, and even stuff you didn’t know you needed!
- Allen Premium Outlets is home to standout outlet shopping such as Last Call by Neiman Marcus, Kate Spade, J. Crew Outlet and Michael Kors, just to name a few.
- The Shops at Legacy, where you can enjoy an upscale atmosphere, entertainment, high-end shopping and more, all within walking distance from one another.
- Legacy West has quality stores you won’t be able to pass up. Favorites include Madewell, Pockets, Warby Parker, Fabletics and Johnny Was.
Edoko Sushi & Robata
One of Richardson’s newest developments, CityLine is a stunning mixed-use development with amazing restaurants. Looking for a casual dining experience? Then check out CityLine Kitchen—one location, eight fast and yummy restaurants to choose from. If fine-dining is more your style, be sure to check out these CityLine gems:
As for desserts, check out a hidden treasure that the kids will absolutely adore, Sweet Daze Dessert Bar. This foodie-worthy spot specializes in designer doughnuts, artisan soft-serve and colorful drinks. Their menu includes rotating soft serve flavors such as cinnamon toast crunch and black velvet, creatively-topped doughnuts with designs like unicorns and 24k marble and mashups of baked goods and frozen offerings like their cookies and cream tres leches.